The new site will need to be prepared and we can check that this is in hand too, ensuring that the electricity, gas and water supplies are all operational when you move in. We also have a lab-ready checklist to ensure that nothing is overlooked.
During the Move
At Arena, we will ensure that any temperature-sensitive equipment continues to function while it is in transit. Thanks to our UKAS-accredited temperature mapping services, we can fit our data loggers into fridges, freezers, stability cabinets, plasma thawers, water baths, incubators, environmental testing chambers and many other types of scientific instruments.
After the Move
After all the equipment is at its new location, we take the following steps:
- Unpacking and reinstalling all the assets
- Labelling them in line with the customer’s inventory requirements
- Carrying out any preventative maintenance or servicing
- Meeting the Installation Qualification (IQ) requirements – ensuring that all the medical devices meet the correct technical specifications and have been correctly installed
- Meeting the Operational Qualification (OQ) requirements – checking that the equipment operates according to the manufacturer’s and client’s needs.
Single Source Savings
Our wide skill set and the diverse range of equipment we specialise in means that Arena can offer a large cost saving against original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and other suppliers. We reduce the number of third parties and OEMs required when carrying out equipment commissioning, although we can work alongside OEMs if they need any engineering or administrative support.
Our aim is to offer a Single Source Solution to help you consolidate contracts which will provide you with a reduction in maintenance costs and suppliers you use on site. This in turn can provide you with significant cost savings across your facility.
You can be sure we are fully compliant with all the relevant legislation relating to laboratory moves. These include:
- The Medicine and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), which ensures that medical devices operate effectively and are safe.
- UKAS (the only nationally recognised accreditation organisation in the UK for organisations that provide certification, testing, inspection and calibration services)
- The quality control standards relating to all Good Practices (GXP), including Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMXP).
In all cases, we provide fully traceable and continuous support to ensure all your equipment is fully functional and audit ready.
Laboratory Relocation with Arena Instrumentation
Arena Instrumentation Ltd have been providing instrument commissioning, calibration, qualification and laboratory relocations for more than 30 years. We are instrumentation specialists, providing services within the pharmaceutical, healthcare, food, drink and power industries.
Laboratory equipment that we specialise in, but are not limited to, are: fridges, freezers, centrifuges, balances, incubators, plasma thawers, microscopes, autoclaves, pipettes, vacuum pumps, Genevac machines and systems, multidrops, washers and humidity cabinets.
We have long-standing working relationships servicing laboratory equipment for NHS hospitals, private healthcare, pharmaceutical companies as well as manufacturing, research and testing facilities.
If you would like to know more about our laboratory moving services, follow this link and fill in the online form, or call us on 0151 355 1314.